Customized milling beads for special applications
A great number of ACHEMA visitors attended the Sigmund Lindner GmbH stand to find out more about ceramic milling beads, especially the “heavy” ceramic beads made of tungsten carbide (WC) and yttrium-stabilized zirconium oxide (YSZ) with their extraordinary properties:
- Very high material density: 9.89 g/cm3
- Maximum roundness: > 0.96 b/l3 ratio
- 100 % dense pore-free structure
- Extremely high hardness: > 1900 HV0.5
- Size spectrum 0.15 – 1.6 mm
New developments include ceramic beads made of silicon carbide (SiC) – silicon nitride (Si3N4) and ultra-pure yttrium oxide (Y2O3). Current development projects include SiLibeads made of magnesium stabilized zirconium oxide (Mg-PSZ) and zirconium oxide hardened aluminium oxide (ZTA).