Glass beads made of soda-lime glass as closure beads, mixing and stirring beads in aerosol sprays, filter beads in drinking water wells
Type M glass beads are produced from the high-purity glass melt by a rotary pressing processing. The process is extremely complex, but allows beads with very high roundness in the size range up to approx. 25 mm.
Fields of application
Stirring Beads – Mixing Beads.
SiLibeads glass beads Type M are used in the sizes 1.5 mm – 16.0 mm as stirring beads and mixing beads for aerosol spray. The glass beads ensure homogeneous mixing of the ingredients.
Glass beads are used as valve beads in bottle caps to prevent “adulteration” and contamination of high-quality bottle contents such as spirits or olive oil. This guarantees the purity content of the bottle.
SiLibeads Type M are also used for the mechanical coating of small metallic parts by a special plating process (mechanical plating).
Grinding Beads – Dispersing Beads
Due to their high degree of purity, the glass beads also have very good properties as grinding and dispersing beads for wet grinding of pigments, agrochemicals, pharmaceutical and cosmetic preparations.
Support Material and Filter Pack in Water Wells
Furthermore, the glass spheres are used as support and filter material in the construction of drinking water wells. The glass beads replace the filter gravel. The filter gravel can also be replaced by filter glass beads in filter systems, e.g. in swimming pool construction.
- Wide range of sizes in the range d = 1.5 – 21 mm
- Low diameter tolerances for single beads and lots dK,L ≤0.2 – 0.5 mm (depending on bead size)
- No foreign objects due to special sorting process
- Clean and polished surfaces (also available in matt finish on request)
- High stability of the chemical composition of the soda-lime glasses used
- Suitable for contact with foodstuffs possiblle