Precision glass beads Type P as valve ball, mixing beads, locking ball, for ball bearings
Type P glass beads are made of soda-lime glass and high-quality borosilicate glass. SiLibeads glass beads Type P achieve highest precision through a special grinding process. The diameter and roundness tolerance is < 10 microns on request. The manufacturing process allows all special dimensions in the range between 0.7 and 50 mm.
The surface quality of the glass beads can be selected from high-gloss to frosted, borosilicate glass and solid-coloured coloured glass beads can also be produced on request.
Field of application
The chemical resistance allows the use in aggressive and corrosive media.
Valve ball – Closure beads
The glass beads are used as valve beads for ink cartridges and dispensers in the food and cosmetics industry. Metering pumps are often equipped with Type P glass beads.
Glass beads are used in ball bearings where corrosion resistance and chemical resistance play a role.
The pharmaceutical industry is a large field of application for mixing beads. For example, insulin carpules contain a borosilicate glass ball, which mixes the contents by shaking to achieve an even mixture of insulin.
- exact and freely selectable diameters in the size range d = 0.7 – 50 mm
- small diameter tolerances for both single beads dK ≤ 20 µm and lots dL ≤ 20 µm
- high shape retention and roundness dMAX – dMIN ≤ 20 µm
- homogeneous surfaces with defined roughness, matt, silk matt and (highly) polished, with Ra ≤ 30 nm
- no adhesions and inclusions
- No air bubbles dB ≥ 0.5 mm, very low percentage of beads with air bubbles dB≤ 0.5 mm
- Suitable for contact with foodstuffs possible